One week trip for single participant: $625 per person*
*Does not include airfare.
Thanks to ongoing donations from committed partners we have been able to decrease the cost of these trips from $1,500 to just $625. These partners include: St. Mary Medical Center (Hobart), the Gagan Family Foundation, and the H Dean Davis Trust.
CONCERNED ABOUT TRIP COSTS?
We are here to help you raise the funds, including for airfare. If you are concerned about costs, we can provide you resources and tips for crowdfunding, and so on. Please contact us today.
If you are ready to book your trip now, please pay with our secure checkout:
This price includes:
• Pick up from Port-au-Prince airport and return from Verrettes.
• Emergency housing in PAP if necessary due to adverse weather on in-bound trip.
• Emergency housing in appropriate location if flight cancellation, adverse weather or political unrest on exit trip.
• Quarters in the Centre de formation Leveque, Barrage Vincent, Verrettes, Haiti, our headquarters villa.
• Remarkable local cuisine prepared by a superb Haitian staff with produce from the Centre’s farms.
• Vehicle support while in-country, if needed for mission locations
• Sheets, pillows, beds with mattresses.
• Emergency air conditioning available
• Security guard at night and accompaniment by our security representative when traveling.
• Wi-Fi and email connection in Verrettes (intermittent, but usually several hours per day)
• Opportunity to provide needed volunteer service in the Centre Medical Dumarsais Estime (hospital, cholera treatment center, HIV, emergency and general wards), 16 Rue Boyer, Verrettes, Haiti
• Opportunity to help run a community health clinic in conjunction with the above hospital.
• Unique opportunities, depending upon skill level, to work in a remote mountain clinic, spending overnights with local staff.
• Interaction with local “leaf” healers and cultural program, including an exposure to the interaction between local healers and Western medicine as practiced in rural Haiti.
• The ability to perform volunteer response to unique local medical emergencies
• Social functions in our villa with other international health team members
• All meals in Haiti when serving away from the villa in Verrettes
What this does not include:
• Round trip air fare to Port-au-Prince, but the lowest price available is guaranteed through our travel agent (or difference in ticket will be applied to credit your account)
• Your immunizations, and prophylactic and personal medications
• Your trip interruption and evacuation insurance (which is a requirement for attendance)
• Alcoholic refreshments, which are available at a very reasonable cost.
• Local nightclub or disco costs